Thursday, September 2, 2010

Well, I've been lazy. I haven't been keeping to my plan of review and study. I've played more games in the past week or so than I can realistically go over in a reasonable time frame. I noticed that at the same time, I was starting to fall into some old habits. Moving too quickly, not looking at the whole board, and just generally not playing to the level of knowledge and skill I have developed.

So I decided to take a break from playing for a bit. After finishing up my turn based games, I'll recommit myself to the plan I outlined but never stuck to. I withdrew from the first round of a tournament that had just started, not really realizing that my rating would drop 50 points when I forfeited my games. Back below 1200. :(

While it sucks to have to take such drastic measures, my long term development as a player requires some discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment